Thursday, December 30, 2004

XP What a crock of shite

I've just installed my first XP box on my home network. It was one of the most painful experiences I have had in recent times. To convince it that I do know what I am doing when it comes to network security and access (namely SAMBA) it tells me to fuck off and that it knows better. I get the impression it is better if you are running an XP domain, but I am not and I do not want to, but as an IT professional I know what I am doing, convincing XP that is nest to impossiable. God I hate Microsoft. For crying out load let me use my machine as I want to! You do not know better. By all means set up defaults to protect the unaware, but make it easy to configure usage, access and permissions to my needs. Never assume that the setup is fully under your control, Bill you are a moron. It is far easier for a malicous hacker to control my machine (XP SP2) than me and I have the right to do so.
If it wasn't for my need to run
  • Shockwave
  • VPN to an XP network
XP and Microsoft will be outta here. Long live FC3 and all the rest. It's gotta be better than some prick in Redmond telling me how to run my network.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home