Wednesday, January 12, 2005

Code going the other way

It might be simple code but...

One of the ways for Australians to get into University is by sitting a STAT exam. There are two type of STAT exams Multiple Choice and Written English. The Multiple Choice version is the most common and QTAC takes on the results from the examinimg body(Acer), stores them correctly and submits the results to the central body(TISC). It doesn't deal with the Written English results at all. I had to write a quick java application to convert the result file from Acer into something TISC could use. Simple process. QTAC heard from TISC that we do this and wanted the app for themselves, so I sent it to them. With a list of jars that were needed and I even sent them the jars themselves (log4j, edbc, etc.) They used, it worked without any issues, they didn't call me, email me or anything. It just worked.

I am a little proud of that!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home